Oreo

https://www.kapwing.com/videos/65ef138625b07bdc9fce1434

Sunday, March 7, 2010

I Left My Heart in Subic




"Mac?, is this really you? How? When? Why?", yes, little old me, a staffer of our school paper couldnt even write a proper text message for her crush. Ask me to write a poem and it'll be ready in a few minutes. But this? Not one of my finest moments ever.

He then replied, "Tita Cely gave me your number. She was asking if you would like to be her son, Benedict's, godmother. I would be a ninong too, you know?"

See, I figured this is exactly the reason I needed to go back to their place. And since there's no one to take me to Subic but my parents, going to the baptism is my cue. Then I asked my parents and they said yes to my first inaanak.

"Okay, I'm going to the baptism, so I'll meet you there, I guess", I texted him back.

After that, we have been texting each other for days. He also asked me if I could be courted. I seem to be hesitant at first but gave in eventually. Our families are friends anyway, and having a boyfriend in an all-girl school, priceless.

Come July, I was ready to give my "yes" to him. As we got off the bus from Manila, he was there, waiting, with a Tweety Bird stuffed toy in his arm. Sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ray of Sunshine

“Hi I’m Ray, can we be friends?”—That was the first message that I received from an unknown number after Mac and I broke up. How timely, I t...