Oreo

https://www.kapwing.com/videos/65ef138625b07bdc9fce1434

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

And I Saw The Stars


After much flirting with Mac with the video camera, I finally had the guts to ask for his name. Yeah, because I'm so cool like that.

"Hey! Mac right?", I asked. "Yup! Marcus, actually and youre the infamous Lily who studies in this all-girl school in Manila?", he replied sheepishly. Okay, so how come he knew all of this? I then realized that I have been in the water for so long that I didnt know if our parents have been talking about us. Weird. So weird.

We hit it off immediately since we both have the same taste in music (Yes, boybands are hailed heroes that time), we are both at the same age group and we love the beach. While our parents are telling each other stories, we have our own world. He lets me sing "Swear It Again" by Westlife and talk about books and how it is living in Manila, my friends and just about everything. After talking about me, I learned that in spite of being probinsyano, Mac was also considered the bad sheep in their family. He can drive at fifteen, and would take their family car when he isn't supposed to. And you know how it is about girls liking the thrill. That drew me to him. He was romantic, but exciting at the same time.

I haven't noticed that we have been talking for a long time. At 4AM, he asked, "Lily, when you go back to Manila, will I ever see or talk to you again?" And at that, I was confused. Long distance relationships aren't my thing, what more about long distance courtships.

I know I don't have to answer now. But the stars made it possible for me to feel that this is a picture perfect moment anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Ray of Sunshine

“Hi I’m Ray, can we be friends?”—That was the first message that I received from an unknown number after Mac and I broke up. How timely, I t...